STOCKGAP LTDStockgap Ltd is a registered company in England with Registration Number 1540334 (we are referred to within this policy as “We”, “Our”, or “Us”).
WHY DO WE HAVE THIS POLICY?
The data you provide to us in opening an account is important to us and we are committed to securing and protecting this information in respect to your privacy rights.
The information we collect is not limited to the following but can vary depending on the purposes we have collected the information in managing our relationship with you:
- Telephone and mobile phone number
- Email addresses
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679, when applicable, the “GDPR”), the data controller is Stockgap Ltd, 209 Watling Street, Dartford, Kent, DA2 6EG.
WHAT WE USE THE INFORMATION FOR.
We may use the information held on you in the following ways:
- To manage your account with us for billing and ordering
- We may pass your contact details to our courier companies should we use external companies for any order you place with us.
- We may notify our suppliers of your details for any warranty claims.
- To notify you of changes to our policies and/or terms and conditions.
- As an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services that we offer.
- If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this.
- We may use your personal information to contact you if there are any urgent safety notices to communicate to you where we otherwise reasonably believe that the processing of your personal information will prevent or reduce any personal harm to you. It is in your interests for us to use your personal information in this way.
THIRD PARTY LINKSOur website and marketing emails may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and downloads. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
To make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with third parties.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Our trusted service providers acting on our behalf who provide services such as web hosting, web analytics and integration, customer service, order fulfilment, data analysis including data personalisation, email marketing data, auditing services and other services to enable them to provide services;
- Our courier companies who deliver your orders;
- Third party suppliers who manage our secure payments and credit card processing.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA?
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure and employ several security measures such as:
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure server.
- Limiting access to sensitive information using passwords and encryption.
- We use reasonable measures to protect personal information under our control. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal data that you provide to us to purchase goods and other personal data generated for transactional agreements is processed as it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
All other personal data is processed for our legitimate interests (as set out below) and to comply with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent:
- To send direct marketing communications to customers via email.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests including:
- Selling and supplying goods;
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant to our products offered;
- Understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- Managing insurance claims by customers;
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against us;
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, and stakeholders.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review - if we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below in the "Contact" section.
All the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
You can also exercise the rights at any time by contacting us at Stockgap Ltd by any of the means outlined below.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
The email marketing unsubscribe function will remove your details from marketing lists and confirmation of your removal will be sent to your email address.
We will take reasonable steps under Article 17 of the GDPR, ("Right to erasure ('right to be forgotten')", to meet data subject requests.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
Email us on: email@example.comWrite to use at: GDPR, Stockgap Ltd, 209 Watling Street, Dartford, Kent, DA2 6EG. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the data protection supervisory authority which, for the UK, is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO, www.ico.org.uk).